Does Your Shingle Roofing system Have a Leak?
Do you wonder whether the bowed ceiling in your house might indicate a roof leak? Most Athens locals are not familiar with dripping shingle roofing signs. Typically a ceiling caves in before homeowners realize the issue. Discover how to recognize the signs of shingle roof damage prior to it is far too late! Take a look at the lists below to learn more …
Indications of a Roofing system Leak
The indications of roof leakage are not instantly noticeable. They might take a while (even up to a couple of years!) to appear depending on the size of the leak.
- Water spots– search for these on ceilings, walls, and in the attic.
- Mold or Black Marks– Most often discovered in the attic, where the moisture from a roof leak becomes stagnant and trapped
- Bowed Ceiling– This can take place from a roof or pipe dripping water into the structure of your house.
Spotting the early signs of roofing system leakage can avoid your home from sustaining comprehensive water damage. Impacted insulation will lose its R-value, and your home will end up being less energy effective.
Typical Reasons for a Roofing system Leak
Roofing system leakages most often take place around protrusions such as skylights, chimneys and plumbing exhaust pipes or vulnerable roofing seams. Loose, missing out on, or damaged shingles jeopardize the water tight stability of a sloped roof.
Avoiding More Damage
Water damage needs a series of steps to be taken in order to ensure that further damage is avoided. To accomplish a few of these, you will require professional assistance:
– All openings on your roof will have to be sealed (by a professional roofing contractor).
– Broken shingles will need to be changed (likewise by a professional roofing professional).
– Your seamless gutters ought to be cleared.
– Mop up excess water in your attic.
– Make sure electrical circuitry is dry (call in an electrician for this job).
– Look for bugs! (Water-loving pests such as ants and earwigs may construct a nest in areas that are harmed by water.).
Call the professionals at Tennessee Roofing Pros if you think you may have leak problems. We supply excellent roof repair work services for shingle roofing systems.
Tags: leaky roof repair